Learn how to draw a Cartoon Ladybug with with a cute and silly face. This one is made from some pretty simple shapes.
Although this tutorial is more about drawing a make believe version of a ladybug, students can still learn some interesting facts about them as part of the lesson. Here are a few that I found at Treehugger.com.
- They’re actually lady beetles, not ladybugs.
- Not all ladybugs are red with black spots.
- Ladybugs consume a lot of pests.
- They hibernate in the winter.
- Their spots serve as a warning to attackers.
- The name “ladybug” is legendary and dates back to the Middle Ages.
- They have hidden wings.
- Ladybug numbers are declining.
Aside from those tidbits, you may find young students can relate to these amazing insects a bit more if they add a fun face to their ladybug body. This example will help students draw a cartoon version, with big eyes and cute antennae. It’s exactly how many cartoon artists get inspired to create new characters.